Conditions of Hire
Please read this carefully. When you book your holiday with us you are entering into a contract which binds you and us in various ways.
- In these conditions the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
- a. The Company: York Lakeside Lodges Ltd.
- b. The Hirer: The individual or company booking the Accommodation.
- c. The “Price”: The hiring price of the Accommodation as stated in the Companies’ Brochure.
- d. The Accommodation: The holiday accommodation unit booked by the Hirer.
- All applications to reserve Accommodation must be submitted by the Hirer on the booking form and shall in all be accompanied by a deposit specified in the Price List in respect of each holiday unit for each week of hire. Payments made by way of deposit are not refundable. The Company will accept the application by sending to the Hirer confirmation of booking. The Company will at the same time notify the Hirer of the date upon which the balance of the Price shall be paid, which shall be six weeks prior to the commencement of the hire. If the balance of the Price is not paid by the Hirer by the due date the Company reserves the right to re-let the Accommodation as if the Hirer had cancelled in accordance with clause 3 hereof. If the application for any reason is not accepted the Company will notify the Hirer and refund forthwith all sums paid. Please enclose stamped addressed envelope if acknowledgement of balance of the Price is required.
- If the Hirer wishes to cancel the hire he shall notify the Company in writing. If the Company is able to re-let the Accommodation for the full amount the Hirer will be refunded, less an administration fee. If the Company is only successful in re-letting part of your holiday or only manages to re-let the whole your holiday at a lower price than originally to you, you will be held responsible for the difference, plus an administration fee. If the Company cannot re-let, then you will be held responsible for payment of the full price of the holiday as in clause 2. Taking out holiday insurance is strongly recommended.
- If the Accommodation shall become unavailable for any cause whatsoever due to negligence of the Company its servants or agents or otherwise prior to the commencement of the period of hire the Company’s liability shall be limited to a refund of the price.
- The company shall not be liable for any personal injury damage or loss sustained by the Hirer or any member of his party or his property whether the same shall be caused by the negligence of the Company its servants or agents or otherwise.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for all loss or damage caused by him or members of his party to the Accommodation or its contents during the period of hire. Please report all damages before departure.
Accommodation is not available before 3pm on the day of arrival. Please vacate your Accommodation before 10am on departure day.
Dogs are welcome at a charge, provided they are kept on a leash and under strict control at all times. They are not allowed on the furnishings or to be left on their own in the Accommodation. If you would like to leave your dogs in the grounds day kenneling is available free of charge.
There is an automatic key operated security gate at the entrance to the estate. One car only may be parked adjacent to each unit at anyone time. Additional cars, trailers etc. must be left in the main car park. Within the estate all vehicles are restricted to the roads and at 10 MPH.
In the interests of other residents the Company reserves the right to request any guest causing a disturbance or behaving offensively to leave the Accommodation immediately.
On arrival your Accommodation will be clean. On departure please leave it as you found it. A cleaning service is available if preferred. The Hirer will be charged for abnormal cleaning occasioned by the Hirer.
Holiday insurance is strongly recommended which can be obtained through your broker or insurance company.
A charge may be made for additional administration e.g. rearrangement, reminders, return of lost property.